For a fresh and eastern inspired taste, this slaw is the perfect solution! If you want to slice your veggies and keep them in the fridge for up to a couple days before the event, this is a great recipe for that! Its great to eat as a side salad or even mixed with a grain like rice or quinoa.
For the Salad:
½ head red cabbage
1 bell pepper (any colour!)
1 large carrot
¼ cup goji berries
¼ cup sesame seeds
For the Dressing:
1/3 cup tahini or sunflower seed butter
1 tbsp. tamari
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
2 cloves of garlic
½ inch piece of ginger
2 tbsp. water
Himalayan salt and chili flakes/powder to taste
1. Using a sharp knife, or mandolin, thinly shred the cabbage and add to a large bowl.
2. Slice the pepper and mango thinly into pieces 2-3 inches in length and add to bowl with cabbage.
3. Grate the carrot and add to the bowl with half of the goji berries.
4. Toast the sesame seeds on a medium high heat in a dry pan, stirring frequently. Once they turn a golden colour (approx. 2 minutes) add half of them to the bowl.
5. Combine the dressing ingredients in a high bowered blender or mixer until smooth, then pour into bowl and mix slaw thoroughly.
6. Top with remaining sesame seeds and goji berries.
Leave A Comment