When you need a veggie dish that looks as great as it tastes, give this one a shot! If you have the time to chop vegetables and preheat the oven, you can make this when your in a rush. This also works well to make a head a day
1 lb brussel sprouts
1 large beet
1 red onion, peeled
1 Gala apple
10 cloves of garlic, peeled
For the Marinade
¼ cup marmalade
3 tbsp olive oil
6 cloves of garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
3 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp paprika
- Slice brussel sprouts in half and add to a large bowl.
- Chop beets into roughly 1 inch pieces and add to a small bowl.
- Cut both the apple and onion into eights. Remove seeds and core from center of apple pieces. Add ingredients to large bowl.
- Remove stems from garlic if any and add cloves to large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a high powered blender or food processor until there are no large chunks. Add ¾ of marinade to large bowl and the rest of the marinade to beets.
- Once mixed thoroughly, spread vegetables from large bowl onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Nestle the beet pieces one by one amongst the veggies on the pan after to maintain the individual colours of all the vegetables. (If you want all of your veggies to have a pink hue, or really just don’t care what they look like, feel free to mix everything all together in one bowl!)
- Roast at 350 for 40 minutes and serve hot. Also makes great left overs!